Waverley paediatrics has a dedicated consultant paediatrician who is providing his services in the Glen Waverley. The centre is supported by a multidisciplinary team including, psychologists, speech pathologist, occupational therapist and audiologist.
Is for children and adolescents to achieve their full capacity (mentally, emotionally and physically) through appropriate expert paediatric support.
Is to provide expert assessment, support and management to ensure children and adolescents and their families receive the best quality paediatric care.
Includes assessment and management of a broad range of behavioural and developmental conditions for children and adolescents.
We work closely with families, general practitioners and other paediatric specialists to ensure the highest quality paediatric care is delivered.
APPOINTMENTS / REFERRALS
A valid referral from a general practitioner is necessary to see a paediatrician. The initial referral from the General practitioner is valid for 12 month for the mentioned patient and condition to which the referral was initiated for. It is the parents’ responsibility to obtain a valid referral for the consultation. Appointments are made by emailing the GP referral to email@example.com. A GP referral is necessary before the consultation with a paediatrician. New appointments will be for around 80 mins in length and review appointments may go to 40 minutes. An administration form will need to be filled prior the booking. Please allow enough time for parking. We ask that you arrive 15 mins before the allocated appointment time
• Payment is required on the same day of the consultation.
• Consultations under the DHHS or any other organisations will be at a different rate due to the increased administration support required.
• AMA (Australian Medical Association) consultation rates may apply for urgent, second or third opinion.
• Review consultations are charged at a lower rate than the initial consultation rate.
• The fee is related to the time spent in the consultation and regardless of the Medicare rebate.
• Consultations are rebatable from Medicare if you have registered your bank details with Medicare.
• Medicare will refund a portion of the consultation fee charged. If you have registered for the Medicare safety net, once you reach your threshold in a calendar year, Medicare will refund 80% or more of your out of pocket expenses. Please note: Medicare is no longer sending rebate cheques to patients.
Please make an appointment to obtain your test result. Test results will not be discussed over the phone or via emails.
Request for repeat and lost prescriptions cannot be obtained over the phone and must be by appointment. Charges will apply.
• Parking is limited onsite. However, ample parking is available across the road from the consulting rooms on Springvale Rd free of charge for the first two hours. It is easier to park across the road rather than try to find onsite parking.
• Please contact us on (03) 9561 1774 for enquiries.
We are made up of an experienced consultant paediatrician (Dr Nabil Ameen) and a team of allied health professionals’ specialling in the assessment and management of developmental and behavioural paediatrics. Dr Ameen is an experienced consultant paediatrician with over 20 years of paediatrics experience in both South Australia and Victoria. He has extensive expertise in Developmental and behavioural paediatrics. He works closely with families, general practitioners and other paediatric specialists to ensure the highest quality of care is delivered. Dr Ameen is also a founder member of the Neuro and Behavioural Paediatric Society of Australia.The staff at Waverley paediatrics comply with State and Commonwealth privacy laws
We cover a broad range of conditions including;